Monday, April 8, 2013

Smoked Salmon Dill Spread


While at Trader Joe's, the nice lady helping me saw I had soy chorizo and meatless chicken strips in my hand, so when I asked for salmon, she smiled and said, "You're a pescetarian!?!?! Me too!"
Sortofpesco didn't jump out at me for a blog name though! :) 
12 year old didn't like this, (shocker!) but I thought it was quite tasty.  Since it's a "dip", I'm guessing it can be served with veggies or crackers, but I just ate it with a fork and it was great.  I used some dried dill because I didn't have fresh, but still came out great.  And compared to most dips (which usually seem to include dairy) it's really healthy. 

8 oz. boneless, skinless, all natural smoked wild Pacific salmon fillet, roughly chopped
1 Tblsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. orange zest
1 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 Tblsp. finely chopped fresh dill (or use dried dill to taste)

In a food processor, pulse salmon, oil, orange juice and orange zest, cumin, salt & pepper until finely chopped.  Transfer to a bowl and gently fold in dill.  Refridgerate until chilled.

Serving Size: 2 Tblsp.  50 calories, 3 grams fat, .5 grams sat. fat, 1 gram carb, .5 grams fiber, .5 grams sugar, 5 grams protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment