Friday, January 17, 2020

Super Easy Fudge

I want to say I got this from a coworker many, many years ago. I have pictures of my daughter and her friends making this when they were little and they aren't little anymore!  
This is insanely easy and very delicious, so it's perfect to take last minute as a gift or to a pot luck you've forgotten.
Ingredients
1 16 oz box or 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 stick butter
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. Vanilla


1) Whisk powdered sugar and cocoa in a microwave safe mixing bowl.

2) Slice butter and place over the sugar/cocoa mixture

3) Pour milk over the butter

4) Microwave 45 seconds, remove and stir.  

5) Microwave another 45 seconds.  Remove, add vanilla and stir vigorously until fudge is smooth 

6) Line square pan with waxed paper and pour fudge in.

7) Refrigerate 1/2 an hour or more.  Cut into squares.  Can be served cold or left to reach room temperature before serving.  

Notes:
-If you want to try this with nuts, you're on your own.  No idea if it will be the same or not.  I just know I won't like it!  :)

-Tried it with 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder and my daughter (a dark chocolate freak) said it was great.

-This can be refrigerated in one of those plastic, holiday containers or any plastic, left over bowl with a lid, after its been cut into squares.

-Some people like it when its room temperature and slightly softer, some like it a little harder and cold.  All a matter of preference.

**Courtesy of some random coworker from the 1st Bush Administration I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment